Monday, July 24, 2006

Satan and the Stealth Bomber

I'm a huge aerospace fan. If it has to deal with airplanes, rockets, space travel, or jets - then count me in. While recently in Houstonia, MO visiting family - I had an extraordinary experience, at least for me. While I was coming out of the small town house where Lisa's grandparents live, two of Lisa's cousin-in-laws (not sure if that's even right) were running down the sidewalk and pointing up at the sky. And there it was - a beautiful sight...

There appeared a lone Stealth Bomber crossing the sky. Low to the horizon. It raced through the low level clouds, close to the ground. But to my amazement, I couldn't hear the jet engines. Only after the bomber had passed by several miles did I hear the jets roar. By the time I had actually heard the engines; the bomber had already circled back and was heading back to base. Whiteman Air Force Base is only 15 miles from the metropolis of Houstonia, MO.

About 10 minutes later, I was inside the house...and through the window I heard the jet engines again. I didn't even bother going out to look because I knew it would be too late. But it got me thinking.

When Satan attacks me, it's a lot like my encounter with the Stealth Bomber. Many times I don't realize it until after the attack has already happened that I was attacked at all. If the two guys had not pointed out the bomber flying overhead, I wouldn't have even noticed that it was there. Sometimes I need other people to point out that I'm being attacked. Sometimes I only see the effects of an attack afterwards - like hearing the jet engines after the bomber is already come and gone. I guess that's what makes a Stealth Bomber a sly machine.

God, protect me from the attacks of the evil one by being alert. I have no reason to fear because You are on my side, even though this world is Satan's dominion. But it won't be that way forever, because You will claim victory in the end.

1 Peter 5:8 - Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment