Monday, September 17, 2007

Hot Air Ballons and 2 Year Olds


"Everyone was filled with awe." That's what the Bible says in Acts 2 about what happened when the first believers gathered together. It must have been a time of wonder and transformation!

It must have been a little bit like what our 2 1/2 year old son, Joshua, experienced when he saw hot air balloons up close for the very first time at Topeka's Huff and Puff event. The beauty. The power. The enormity. The gentleness.

Joshua held on tight, but his eyes were wide open - taking it all in. He wanted to stay glued, but wasn't sure it was OK to go closer. Check out the video of him.

When is the last time I stood in awe of God, just like our son Joshua did with hot air balloons?

God, remind me with a healthy fear of who You really are. You have ultimate power over my life and death - yet You care for me as a friend. I stand in awe of You. My words will be few - because who am I to say anything to You or about You?

Let My Words Be Few

Chorus 1
And I'll stand in awe of You
Yes I'll stand in awe of You
And I'll let my words be few
Jesus I am so in love with You

Verse 1
You are God in heaven
And here am I on earth
So I'll let my words be few
Jesus I am so in love with You

Verse 2
The simplest of all love songs
I want to bring to You
So I'll let my words be few
Jesus I am so in love with You

CCLI Song #3040980
© 2000 Thankyou Music
Beth Redman | Matt Redman

No comments:

Post a Comment