Thursday, March 26, 2009

:: what crutch are you labeling as a 'tool?'

Check out what the President used as a teleprompter below. [If you are reading this in an RSS feed reader...you'll need to open this puppy up.] When I lead worship, sometimes I get the reaction, "Wow, you know all those words by heart." Shaa right, no I don't! We have two teleprompter screens in the back of the Mulvane main upper auditorium location AND Mulvane lower auditorium (LA) location. That means what the worshipers see, I see as well.



So don't think I'm all cocky and know all the lyrics when leading worship. I don't. When it comes down to it - the video screen is leading us all in worship, including me. It's our digital hymnal. Now if there was only a way to get the music up there, too.

Unfortunately, like our modern-day Presidents, I rely on the teleprompter like a tool. Or is it a crutch?


QUESTION:
What other potential crutches do we label as tools in worship? At work? In life?

PRAYER: Lord, help me identify areas in my life that I'm taking the easy road spiritually. Show me what is really a tool or simply a crutch to get by.

No comments:

Post a Comment