Monday, January 05, 2009

Oh Lord, move my butt

Matt 7:26 “Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand."






Lord, I don't want to simply hear Your words.
I want to act on them. But if I'm honest, many times I'm not even listening to Your words.

Here's what I need to do...

1. Read the Bible to listen to Your words
2. Determine what action You'd like me to take
3. Act on it
4. Look back to evaluate what action I've taken and how it matches up with Your word
5. Don't be satisfied with taking one action, repeat #1-4

Thank you for being patient with me while so many times I hear, but don't budge. I don't want You to have to move my butt for me. I want to do it because I love You and want to follow You with every move I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment