Monday, September 14, 2009

TBC Worship Rewind: September 13, 2009 #sundaysetlist #sundaysetlists

REWIND:
If you missed this past weekend at Topeka Bible Church, then you missed a hilarious drama written by our own Steve Larson. What a great way to kick off Jim's sermon series on MythBusters. If you missed it, you'll have to watch the video.

The "Vocal Team" led worship this past weekend at Topeka Bible Church. I absolutely LOVE these weekends when every TBC vocalist leads. Having 50 singers on stage belting out harmony on the chorus begs me to sing. If you missed it, you'll have to wait until October 8th to see them again.

Most churches would call this group their "choir" - but I don't. Why don't I? It's because of the stereotype church choirs have these days. Believe me, this is not a stogy group of people. They are full of life, sing with gusto, and sound like a modern worship choir. They are THE vocal team at Topeka Bible Church. In fact, it's the ONLY vocal team at Topeka Bible Church. All singers are selected based off their participation in this group.

My favorite part of the morning was the 4th row back who LED ME IN WORSHIP. You know who I'm talking about...that row of four African Americans put me to shame as they led me. If you guys are reading this, you know who I'm talking about. Love it! If you do that again, I'm laying my guitar down and coming out into your row.

We sang a new song (for us) called "From the Inside Out." This song has been around since 2005 and very popular among other places of worship. I had a new vocalist in the Vocal Team suggest the song - so I put it on my iTune "Suggested Song" playlist. After listening to it, the words really impacted me. Remember, the most important part of any new worship song is the WORDS. Check them out.

"From The Inside Out"

Verse 1
A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in Your grace
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never-ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

Chorus 1
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never-ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out

Verse 2
Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never-ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

Misc 1
(PRE-CHORUS)
In my heart in my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

CCLI Song No. 4705176
© 2005 Hillsong Publishing (Admin. in U.S. & Canada by Integrity's Hosanna! Music)
Joel Houston
For use solely with the SongSelect Terms of Use. All rights Reserved. www.ccli.com
CCLI License No. 21985



Watch/listen to last weekend's message

SET LIST:
  • Sweeter > Houghton, Houghton, Ratcliff
  • You are Good > Houghton
  • From The Inside Out > Houston
  • Mighty to Save > Feilding, Morgan
  • The Solid Rock > Bradbury
Links to other setlists:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:40 PM

    Your to funny! Hey we gotta praise him!!! Thanks for leading an awesome worship service! Praise God!!!

    Ehren and Sparkle Sherrod

    ReplyDelete