Thursday, September 28, 2006

Kansas Trip Highlights

Welcome to Kansas. Actually, we never saw this sign because we flew. Here are the top 10 highlights of our family reunion trip we took last week. Enjoy...but not too much.

1. Seeing a woman get into a pick-up...her T-shirt simply read "Mess with me, you mess with the whole trailer park."

2. Shooting off fireworks with two of my brothers-in-law while my mother-in-law looked on with a frown.

3. Burning my back, scorching my hair, and putting a hole in my shirt from my brother-in-law's fireworks...now I have the frown.

4. Seeing lots of family relatives I haven't seen for over 10 years, especially my only surviving grandmother and my brother and his wife from Siberia.

5. Playing in the hotel pool with our 21 month old son, Joshua...he was sure he could swim himself.

6. Seeing a tractor pulling a pick-up trailer...apparently the guy doesn't have a vehicle of any sort, so he drives the tractor from Denison, KS to Holton, KS (17 miles round trip). Here's a pic for you so you believe me.



7. Eating at 3 steak buffets in less than 48 hours (Sirloin Stockade and Coyote Canyon).

8. Ordering Papa-John's pizza to the hotel lobby and having the delivery man tell me with a straight face that there's no fat in their pizza crust...riiiiiiight. (I looked it up here ... he was half right.)

9. Watching Joshua fall down 12 steps, rolling and hitting each step on the way down, all under my watch.

10. Having my mother-in-law purposefully close the elevator doors on me while trying to board with two suitcases...sure - it was an "accident."

No comments:

Post a Comment